Art + Journaling + Astrology
A guided program to learn about your own birth chart, while exploring its holistic messages and nuances through reflection and creative practice.
To be notified when registration opens for the 2018 program, please sign up for my mailing list HERE
Astrology is a language born of observations, about seasons and dynamic human tendencies, that have been made over thousands of years. To truly receive the gifts of astrology, it is not something that can be summed up by sun sign horoscopes in a weekly update. It is also not a predictive parlor game, but rather a perspective pointing toward relative connections and possibilities, that can serve as a grounding tool for self-awareness, healing validation and navigating the terrain of free will.
Just as the moon infuses its energy upon the tides, and varies with its placement and phase, there is a cosmic resonance of possibility that blesses us the moment we are born. With a little basic understanding about your chart, you can awaken, re-vive and find your personal connection to something miraculous and divine in the universe, no matter how you define that.
Astrology is about witnessing you, a child of the universe… and in this, it shines light on what your heart knows and your soul seeks.
In The Stars will invite you to explore your natal chart beyond character trait definitions, moving into an inner world of layers and beauty, ripe for transformative self-awareness. You will learn how to interpret key focal points from multiple angles, take what is resonant and pertinent for your life, and bring it into your art+journaling creative practice for further discovery, insight and relativity.
Over the course of the program, you will begin to see connections that take time to reveal, and that no outside interpreter could possibly make for you – because the power of astrology is as a personal, living relationship with the miracle of creation, your psyche and unique story, and our inherent interconnection.
With each planetary guide, you will mindfully and visually explore the archetypal significance of key celestial bodies and where they fall in your personal birth chart, learning about the intricacies of relationship between them.
You will receive ::
- Lessons on basic astrology that invite you to dive deep
- Rich journaling prompts for personal reflection, to help you excavate the deeper meaning of your chart and how it relates to your psyche
- Creative practice invitations and demos to further explore your curiosities and intuition about what is revealed in the pages of your art journal.
Your journal – or ‘book of stars’ – will become a way of deepening and documenting your process of intuitive knowing and conscious connection with the world (inner and outer) that you inhabit and help create.
It will be a treasure for a lifetime – custom to you, your chart and your creative process – and relative in a way that only you could gift yourself.
Most importantly, I am confident you will feel a little more centered and seen, with clarity of how to nurture and support what you may have always thought of as personal weaknesses or flaws – while strengthening and shining forth your inherent strengths and callings, with more confidence and love.
It is my deepest intent that this journey of discovery be both fun and meaningful, and that not only do you cultivate a rich creative practice, but that what you learn about astrology along the way feels inspiring, encouraging and practically relative for your life and relationships.
Our core theme this year: The Sky Within
Once you register: Begin with a Welcome Guide to introduce you to your birth chart and what you will need for your art+journaling practice, plus access to our class site to join the exploration
Each of the following themes centers around a planet or point in your chart…
1 :: Shining True & Through
2 :: Mirrors, Mysteries & Intuition
3 :: Mischief, Stories & Perceptions
4 :: In Love, Beauty & Creation
5 :: emPower & Protect
6 :: Uplift, Beyond Limits
7 :: The long-haul: Focus & Great Works
8 :: Wake Up & Break Free, True-To-You
9 :: Fly High: Spirit & Dreams
10 :: Power, Shadows & The Persistent Unconscious
11 :: Initiating Healing & The Key of Connection
12 :: Going From Here: Your Evolutionary Journey
(Monthly content will arrive in your inbox by the New Moon each month – but can be enjoyed at your own pace and in your own timing)
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…
- You are a soulful creative or curious dreamer
- Being creative or artsy is an enjoyable, meaningful and often cathartic practice for you, and you are interested in integrating it with personal reflection and growth – whether you think of yourself as an artist or not
- You are interested in learning about – or learning more about – your astrological natal chart as a tool for self-discovery
- You are curious about archetypal energies and instincts and how they have shown up in the arenas of your life and relationships
- You are interested in the application of symbology and metaphor to enhance and create meaning in the story of your life
- You have a wholistic perspective about life and relationship – and wish to cultivate the way you engage, nurture and express this
- You are interested in deepening your intuition and trust in your inner experience, understanding that this reflects and transmits into your outer world as well
- You are interested in the option of group support and interaction as you explore your own natal chart and deepen your art+journaling creative practice
YOU WILL RECEIVE…
- A fun Welcome Guide, with details to familiarize you with basic astrology language, help you prepare, gather supplies, and spark your curiosity and wonder for what is to come
- Monthly audios on the planetary and archetypal themes
- Video instruction and simple examples to ensure that you are able to begin a journey of interpreting each placement of your chart as we move along
- Downloadable videos of creative practice invitations and art-making demos, for deepening your relationship to the content with expression and exploration
- Reflection prompts for your journaling practice each month, related to the themes
- Simple downloadable pdf guides of the content each month
- Special Bonus astrology tips for those who want more, and additional resources for deep divers who desire further exploration
- Monthly designated Q&A opportunities with me (very helpful for unforeseen clarification and to expand on creative process experience)
- Occasional surprises with guests, giveaways and bonus material along the way – Including a special section on Plant Medicine connecting the planets to our green world here on earth in a personal way (created by biologist, astrology student, and art journaler Whinnie Calhoun)
- The option for discounted private sessions with me, where we will dive into conversation about your personal chart and/or creative process
- Develop and deepen a regular creative journaling practice, with the option to create your own ‘Book of Stars’ specific to your significant astrological placements and intuitive explorations of their meanings
- Explore the ten astrological ‘planets’, plus several other celestial points in your chart, including their archetypal instincts and fascinating theories, and how their placement, signs and relationships to one another can be expressed and reflected in your life
- Learn how to interpret key placements of your birth chart to connect with parts of your psyche and evolutionary processes, while weaving together layers of understanding about the inherent interconnection throughout the journey of the program
- Reawaken wonder for this holistic miracle of life within and all around us, and how we relate within it
- Observe and discover our own connections and meaning to the notion: As Above, So Below
- Gather for monthly virtual meet-ups for additional connection, support, and inspiration (optional)
- Participate in a private facebook group with other participants (optional)
About the ART experience…
You do not need to consider yourself an artist to enjoy this program or a creative practice!
Please understand that this is not necessarily a technique oriented class. It is about mixed-media experimentation, working with what you have, and activating your unique stylistic relationship to your creative energy, curiosity and intuitive process. I will share with you about my approach and process, including tips that may enhance your skills, technique and knowledge – but only to inspire and enhance the development of your practice. Everyone’s journal will look beautifully different. Emphasis is on liberating *your* creative process and perspective, not necessarily on my technique.
Supplies will not be excessive – an art practice can easily be an affordable, and priceless, gift to yourself. All of the invitations can be altered and adjusted to work with very basic supplies and substitutions – much of which you likely already have on hand.
You are never required to share work from your process, but will be supported if/when you do. I always encourage mindfulness around sharing, particularly when working with such personal expression. It is most important that your creative explorations be an uninhibited, safe practice for you to explore, release, honor, heal and express your dynamic feelings, stories, challenges, questions, visions and joys.
About the ASTROLOGY approach…
The foundation of astrology has room for both creative and orderly approaches, as well as paradoxes with multitudes of context and possibility – this is precisely why I am hooked!
I have focused on western approaches to astrological interpretation in my studies and practice – applying my holistic lens and love of creative process, psychology, evolutionary consciousness and healing. This weaving is how I will share the astrological language with you.
While I continue to deepen + expand my own studies and practice, I can’t wait to share basic application and creative exploration with you – so that you can discover and de-mystify some of the beauty of your unique birth chart as a companion to your life and experiences.
For me, the true gift of our birth chart is about ways we relate to ourselves, our world and one another. From this framework, I will generously offer what I’ve learned from a synthesis of different perspectives and charts, as well as my favorite resources and teachers along the way, so that you can reveal the truths relative to you and follow where your interest may lead you.
The knowledge I will share with you, and how you can apply it to your own chart, is totally accessible regardless of your previous experience with astrology!
I am so looking forward to our connection and discoveries, and to exploring possibilities and questions with you along the way.
When Hali read my chart for me I was blown away by the parallels to life experiences, and I gained deep insights into why I do the things I do. I wish I had done a reading earlier and I hope to continue working with her.Kate E.
Working with Hali has been so enlightening and affirming. The way she spoke to me and shared what she saw in the stars felt like she had known me for a long time.Kristal N.
Hali’s insights provided such confirmation and grounding around sensed issues. She provided much needed clarity with confidence, openness and sensitivity that made the experience of her teachings a true collaboration.Nicole E.
Hali’s wisdom and insights were truly a gift. She shone light on many things for me. I have a real excitement about the future after hearing her insight.Deanna J.
Hali shares her gift of perception generously and with joyful enthusiasm. The way she interprets the chart and weaves this with her intuitive observation, the result is simply magical.Mixy G.
Hali is brilliant at making sense of the stars and charts in a way that is comfortable and joyful. She shared her expertise in a kind, personable manner. A true delight.Yaelaed L.
Each month, Whinnie Calhoun – a teacher, artist, biologist, devotee of plant wisdom & ethnobotany, and kindred astrology student – will be offering inspiring connections between the botanical relams and our celestial/archetypal themes.
art journal page by Whinnie
How does this online program work? Do I need to attend in real-time?
Because IN THE STARS is an online program, you do not need to be available in ‘real-time’ to receive any of the content. You will receive access to the class site shortly after you register, where you will find the content that has been released so far.
The core monthly content will be sent to you on the New Moon of each month in 2017. You can participate with it from wherever you are, and enjoy the content and creative practice invitations according to your own schedule.
There will also be optional bonus meet-ups to enrich our experience that will happen in ‘real-time’ – but when possible, these will be recorded in case you miss them.
Do I need previous art or astrology experience?
The creative practice invitations will be designed for all levels of art-making experience and will encourage experimentation and a process-oriented approach. Each month, there will be creative invitations – some will have a more open-ended interpretation and approach (with little guidance on how to approach and lots of freedom), and others will have more guidance and steps to help you through creating a spread in your art journal. You are already innately creative – so just bring a little courage and a playful spirit along with you.
The astrology concepts and themes will be offered in clear bite-size chunks for you to explore and reflect on – and you can re-visit sections as you need to. This will include visual aids and short instructional videos to help you make sense of your chart even if you’ve never seen it before. Over the course of your exploration, your astrology knowledge will expand into a bigger picture, much like threads can be woven together to create a tapestry.
You may find that you lean more toward the creative practice aspect of the program, or the astrological exploration – but either way, and regardless of experience, I am certain you will learn something new and find inspiration for your creative process and personal development.
What supplies will be needed?
Our creative practice activities will be possible to complete with the most basic of art supplies. Any special supplies you have on top of that will just add to your personal exploration.
You will also receive a basic supply list in December with the Welcome Guide. If you’d like to see some of my favorite art supplies, CLICK HERE.
I do often encourage a ‘less is more’ approach for a regular creative practice, but will also address and use/demo various extra supplies along the way in my videos.
What information do I need for obtaining my birth chart?
You will need your PLACE and DATE OF BIRTH, and an accurate TIME OF BIRTH. This is usually found on your birth certificate.
If you do not have your exact birth time, please note: While it is absolutely best if you have your time of birth, if you do not (and can’t find it out) you will still be able to participate and receive a year full of wonderful reflection and creative practice prompts. While it won’t be quite as personally customized as those who do have an accurate birth time, there will be alternative tips and prompts each month for those working without this information. Without a birth time, you will be working more intuitively with some of the material, and by self-assessment of your life experience to guide your journey.
Please email me if you have questions about this: support(at)halikarla.com
What technical requirements do I need to successfully participate in In The Stars?
Here are the basics…
- A computer or mobile device with connection to the internet. A high-speed connection will help reduce possible frustration.
- All videos are hosted on Vimeo. Visit HERE for an app designed specifically for viewing Vimeo videos with your device
- The videos are best supported by the up-to-date version of the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, & Internet Explorer
- You need to be comfortable with basic computer skills – primarily entering a username and password, accessing your email, and downloading content (if you choose to)
Is the content downloadable? How long does access last?
Yes, the content will be downloadable for you to keep.
The class page where you can access and download the content anytime, will be open until at least January 31, 2018 – so you will want to be sure to download anything you want to keep before then. I recommend starting a folder and downloading each month along the way.
There is also a simple pdf of the content provided each month at the site. This is an easy way to download and keep the written content, images, and links to audios and videos.
What happens once I register?
You will receive a confirmation receipt from Paypal. You will also receive an email from Hali Karla Arts asking you to register and confirm your subscription to the class email list. Once you’ve done this, you will receive access to the class site where you will find the Welcome Guide to get you started and all of the content that has been released so far.
Is this program self-guided or will there be interactive support and connection for participants?
You will be able to enjoy the monthly content and practice invitations at your own pace and leisure once it is live – so, in this way, the program is self-paced.
I also can’t wait to receive your questions and insights along the way, and so there will be designated monthly Q & A sessions to share questions and insight and receive support for your process with me.
There will also be an optional, private Facebook group for support and connection with other participants.
Will you be doing individual astrology readings for participants?
I love looking at charts and creating personalized questions and reflections based on a person’s unique ‘star-map!’ This is a huge part of my astrology learning practice, and I consider it a joy and an honor to get to share in this way with others.
While private, individual readings are not part of the program registration fee, I will be offering the opportunity to purchase intuitive, personalized interpretations of natal charts in 2017. Participants in IN THE STARS will be given a discount and priority in snagging the few spots that are available each month, as it will make an exciting supplement to the program content as you learn & explore the wonders of your own chart.
Will I be able to apply what I learn about my own chart to the charts of others?
Of course. This course will launch you into the basics of beginning to interpret and enjoy the holistic possibilities of your chart and those you love.
Please keep in mind that astrology is a vast field open to interpretation, and that there is no substitute for one-on-one insight from an experienced astrologer to help guide your discoveries. While you learn about your own chart, I always encourage you to keep a beginner’s mind and seek out a multitude of resources, teachings, and perspectives for the most helpful and comprehensive understanding.
I will also have limited-availability appointments for chart readings with me each month, open only to In The Stars participants.
Remember, too, that the astrology concepts we explore in this course are for entertainment purposes only – and any relative insights it offers to your personal life are subjective to you and not guaranteed in any way.
What are the refund policy details and payment plan terms?